Shri Lakshmi Venkateshwara Polapragada Charitable Trust (SLVPCT) is a voluntary organization registered in March 1996 as a Charitable Trust. The promoters of the trust are Polapragada family members. The vision of the trust is to share the common goal of rendering social service, without seeking reward or recognition.
ACTIVITIES UNDERTAKEN SO FAR
- 1. Running of four hostels with a total capacity of 46 students at four different locations of the city for deserving students with good academic credentials, non local to Hyderabad and from poor economic background.
- 2. These four different locations cater to the local engineering and degree colleges around those areas of BHEL Ramachandrapuram, Sainikpuri, Eashwarpuri, Jeedimetla, and Langer House.
- 3. Scholarships to deserving school students from poor economic and social back ground.
- 4. Financial contribution to social causes such as poor feeding, and other charitable organizations doing similar work.
- 5. Heavily discounted lab tests and diagnostics for poor patients from Shirdi Sai Temple Amberpet through SL Diagnostics or free for those who cannot afford.
- 6. Regular financial contributions to Cheynetha Santha –a direct handloom weavers market through an NGO run by Saraswathi Kavula and her team.
- 7. An old age Home in memory of their mother Smt. Lakshmi Devi “Lakshmi Seva Sadan” started in 2014 and houses 8 inmates who have no livelihood and support.
- 8. Free medical facilities like diagnostics tests, eye glasses, doctor consultations and medicines for all four hostels students and old age home inmates.
- 9. Six Polapragada Academic, All round and Athletic awards and certificates and scholarship amounts to the students of Department of Atomic Energy Central School for the past two years in the memory of their parents.
- 10. Distribution of Eye glasses to the poor, needy and downtrodden tribal's at Polavaram village near Rajamundry for the past four years in conjunction with AP Retired employees and Pensioners association.
- 1. Installation of Wind Power Generator for providing electricity backup for the hospital run by the Rural Development Trust at Kuderu, Anantpur Dist.
- 2. Construction of a Shelter in the Home for the Disabled at Zeera, Secunderabad.
- 3. Contribution for construction of Community Hall in Sri Nilayam, Near Ramalayam, Chaitanyapuri, Hyderabad.
- 4. Contribution for construction of a Hall in Veda Bhavan of Shankara Bhakta Sabha, Mallikarjuna Nagar, Malkajgiri.
- 5. Establishment of 15 Single Teacher Schools in the Tribal areas of Talamadugu and Adilabad Mandals of Adilabad District, in collaboration with Seva Bharathi.
- 6. Installation of Bore well and pump set for starting a nursery under ‘Million Tree Program me’ at Kakunuru Village, Mehaboobnagar District, taken by Vasavya Society for Rural Development.
- 1. Registered as a public charitable Trust with the Sub Registrar of Assurances Chikkadpally, on 26th March 1996.
- 2. Registered under Sec 12A A of the Income Tax Act 1961.
- 3. Contributions to the Trust are Exempted under Sec 80(G) of the Income Tax Act 1961.
- 4. Registered under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act,1976 and hence authorized to receive contributions from abroad.
- 1. The Polapragada family has been the main source of funds in the beginning and formative years. Later, their family promoted venture SL Diagnostics Private Limited at Nallakunta Hyderabad has been the the pivot and has been financing the activities of the trust.
- 2. Shri. G.N. Ravi of Kapra (averse to publicity), Shri Rajashekar Garu his friends have been providing the resources for running the Vivekananda and Gynadeep Hostel. M/s.Vishwahitha Educational Trust has been generous sponsor Gynadeep Hostel at Bandlaguda behind Langar House.
- 3. Some well- wishers who are familiar with the activities of the Trust have made frequent contributions to the Trust like Magnaquest CEO Mohan Reddy Garu and Dr. Kameshwari madam, retired Judge Shri Sangam Harshavardhana Rao,
- 4. Old Students who have passed out from our hostels and placed in good jobs and positions make frequent yearly contributions to assist existing students for their exam fee, book and course material.
The hostel owners
FRIENDS, PHILOSOPHERS AND GUIDES
The Trust is grateful to the following for their support- monetary or other wise
- Sri. G.N. Ravi S/o. Late Dr G. Narasimham
- Dr.V. Kameshwari Sarma
- Sri. Raja Sekhar
- Sri. K. Chiranjeevi Rao
- Sri S.Narahari
- Smt. G. Indira
- Smt. S. Bharathi
- Smt. Mary
- Dr. B.G.K. Sudhakar, ,MD,DM
- M/s.Vishwahitha Educational Trust
- Sri. Kali Prasad
- Sri. Sudheer Kumar
- M/s. Suvela Associates Staff
- Smt. Mani Bhagavathula
- Sri P. Ramachander
- Sri.P Srinivas
- Sri.P Ramakrishna
- Sri.PVK Prasad
- Sri. Balaiah